Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Run, run, run!

About a year ago I decided to try to get into running. I had tried over the years to develop a love for it, but never really liked it. Part of that was living in the city and not really having a place to run and the other part was I just jumped into it and was miserable. (Patience is something I've never really had!)

So this time I started with walking and slowly worked my way up to running and just like my hubby said it worked. Silly me, I always thought I could just go out and run without the work. Anyway, let's just say I've caught the running bug and love it! I ran a few 5k's and made the goal to run a half marathon before I turn 40. (In two years)

A few weeks ago one of my friends told us there was a race we all had to run together. A 70 MILE relay race in Moab, Utah. I laughed and thought not this girlie, my goal may be to do a half marathon, but I still have 2 years. :) So here we are 4 weeks into training trying not to think about the distance. I'm still laughing, but now it's because I think I'm a little crazy some days! :)

There are 6 of us and we will each run 2 legs that are 3-8 miles each. It looks like an incredible run and I'm hoping to be able to run the whole time and not melt in the southern Utah sun. It should be a blast! My sweet hubby has been my coach and giving me workouts and pointers. He's even gotten back into running again and we hope to do a half marathon in June here in Durango. Of course he's a bit more crazy than I am. His dream is to do the Goofy challenge at Disney World. A half marathon on Saturday and a full marathon the next day. YIKES!! We'll see how this relay goes before I decide on any more races!

If you want to check out the course or get more info. you can go to:http://redrockrelay.com/moab/

By the way, I'm doing the Moab relay not the Zions one. That one is a lot longer and you run overnight!

1 comment:

the supportive husband said...

I share your love for running. One of these days I will pick it back up! Thanks for sharing.