Sunday, July 11, 2010

Firecracker 5K

This spring I decided I was going to start running. I've tried over the years to get into it, but always quit after a few weeks. This time I caught the running fever and I've been loving it ever since. It's become my me time with the kids home for the summer.

I knew there was a 5K here for the 4th of July celebration, but didn't think I was ready. I'd just gotten back out on the road after having a cold. Kirk convinced me to give it a shot and I'm glad I did. I was shocked to run it in 34 minutes! It really challenged me, but it was a good run. My next 5K is in two weeks and I hope to take a few more minutes off that time! Here I am after the race!


5 comments:

the supportive husband said...

Go Susan!

Shannon said...

Way to go Susan!!! I'm so proud of you. I need to sign up for another race to motivate me. I love it too! Especially once it's over. :)

Susan said...

I have another one in two weeks and for some reason I've hit a wall with running since my 5K. I think it's mostly because I'm trying to increase my pace and run faster. Just gotta stick with it. Winter will be my next challenge.

Tracy said...

Wow! I'm impressed. I'm amazed! Maybe one of these days I'll get motivated. You look great!

Heidi said...

Good for you! I love running. My old lady body won't allow it anymore, so I have to live vicariously through others. Keep running!