Sunday, July 18, 2010

Interesting Saturday

When the kids were tiny there were many times they got sick in the car and I had a lovely little toddler and car to clean-up. Blah!! I don't know how many times they did that when they were small, but it was too many for me. Now that the kids are older we haven't had a problem. They can tell us they don't feel good and we can roll down the window or stop the car, right?! Well, this summer we've had two of the kids get sick in the car and I had to clean it up. YUCK!!

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until we loaded the kids up to go to Grandma's to water the garden and yard while they're on a church history tour. Emily was acting like she had just had a seizure, pale and lethargic. We figured she would just sleep all the way there and be recovered in time to enjoy Grandmas. As we drove along I had to keep sitting her up, she kept falling over on Mike like a little limp noodle. That's when I started to think it might be more than a seizure. About the time we got into town I just knew she was going to be sick. I grabbed a blanket and held it up so she wouldn't get it all over her brother.

Fortunately we had just stopped at the light for Wal-mart when this all happened. I very quickly ran inside for wipes and gloves and came back out to clean her up. Since we were all ready half way there we decided to just keep going. We cleaned her and the car thoroughly when we got there and got to work watering. Once we finished we headed home and were lucky enough not to have any more messes to clean up.

So that's probably more than you want to know and no I won't be posting any pictures!

4 comments:

Ken Snyder said...

Thanks for posting no pictures. I'm going to have nightmares as it is :D

the supportive husband said...

I'll second that thank you!

Susan said...

No problem! I thought it would be nice for everyone to share my pain. I think next time I'll make Kirk clean the car, he got off way too easy!

Shannon said...

Oh poor thing! Don't you love these lovely experiences?! :)