Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vermont Visitors

Our yearly visit from my Mom and Dad has come and gone. It was great to have them here for a short time and wish we could convince them to move closer so we can see them more often! (Hint, hint!)
We had many fun adventures and just enjoyed time being together. For those of you who know my Dad you know he loves country and bluegrass music, so of course we made a trip to the Bar-D. We met Pam and Del and Cassie there and enjoyed a nice evening watching the show and enjoying our dinner. Emily LOVED it, she could not stop wiggling and screaming with glee.

Then we headed up La Plata Canyon in Hesperus to play in the river, the only problem was there wasn't much water. So Kirk took us on a hair raising adventure up the mountain. He lead the way in his car with my Dad and I followed in the truck. I've never gone off roading before so I cringed every time I heard the rocks ping against the truck. I white knuckled it all the way up, but I have to say it was worth the drive!

The next day we went to our town's 4th of July celebration on the 3rd. We had fun watching the parade, going to a ward social and watching the fireworks from the lawn of the church. It was a busy day, but we enjoyed be able to spend time with family and friends celebrating our freedom and those who sacrificed for it.





Grandpa took time to teach Olivia some exercises on my old guitar and she has been practicing every since. She asks every day when Grandpa will e-mail her more lessons to practice. It looks like she's chosen her instrument, now we need to get her one her size.

All in all it was a good visit and I think we all were wore out from all of our fun activities. Here are just a few pictures we took during their visit.
















No comments: