Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back to the 80's!

On Friday the youth in our stake had a 70's and 80's themed dance in the downtown mall. Only a few of the leaders dressed up and got out there and boogied; I was one of them. I think I did pretty good with my 80's attire. I had some help from my friend Tiffany; She picked out the shoes. All I can say about those are ouch! I did NOT attempt to dance with them on; would have meant a trip to the ER I'm sure.

The youth had some pretty great outfits and it was fun to watch them dance and join in. I hit my limit after the cotton eyed joe! Who knew hanging out with teenagers could be so exhausting!!

We ( the leaders ) got a few funny looks as we sang Ghost Busters and tried our old dance moves, but it was fun. We kept trying to remember who sang all the songs they played.
Next time I hope to get Kirk to go with me, I told him I needed a chaperon and someone to dance with during the slow songs. We'll see how successful I am at convincing him to come!

I really do enjoy being with the youth even if they do wear me out!!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

You look great! That sounds like fun. I don't think I could keep up with the youth anymore, either, and I used to love Cotten-Eye-Joe!

The Childrens Nest said...

I love the pics!! We did have a blast huh!! can't wait to do it again.... Im sitting here blogging soas to get my dang test tomorrow off my mind!!!!!!

Missy said...

Hi Susan! Awesome outfit!!! It's the perfect color!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
I bet it was a total blast. My YW today were telling me how I need to come to the next dance. I thought of you!!! :-)

Jenni said...

Awesome fun!! You looked great!!

Tracy said...

What a fun time! You look so cute.