Sunday, March 22, 2009

St. Patrick's Day!


I have the great privilege of being married to a true Irish Man; red hair, temper and all! Along with this comes the yearly tradition of corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day, which also happens to be Kirk's half birthday. I had fun this year making clover shaped rolls for the occasion and the kids made place mats.

There happened to be a Relief Society Dinner that evening, but my little Irish Man looked so sad I couldn't abandon him and leave him to celebrate alone. He is a sweetie and I really don't mind making a special dinner every year, it makes life fun and interesting. I'm just glad corned beef and cabbage is all we do to celebrate. ( He was tempted to buy a green wig, but that didn't last long!) We still have to watch our movie to celebrate, "The Quiet Man", but we still had a fun evening.

Here are some pictures of our dinner, notice we are all dressed in green. Mike was actually upset he didn't have green pants. He said he had to be green head to toe or he would be pinched. Olivia was just excited to go to school to see if her Leprechaun trap had worked. Alas...their room was a mess and no one caught one!

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Some of my neighbors leave baskets out at their houses for leprechans to fill. I like the messing up the classroom idea much better! Baskets for the Easter Bunny are quite enough, I think!