Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe Christmas has all ready come and gone. We spent a few days with Kirk's family in Mancos. We only live an hour apart, but we were concerned about the weather and just camped out a few days. We got another 18 inches of snow in two days and now the sun is finally out. Of course our high for today was 19 degrees without the windchill!! BRRRRRRRR!!!!

Christmas was great and we missed my family as well as Kirk's sister Kale and her family! We've been pretty lazy for a few days which was really nice. The kids had a ton of fun and of course had lots of sugar and stayed up late with their cousins! They were disappointed to be going home, but we will see everyone again this week to go tubing! I'll post pictures when I find the camera, I still haven't unpacked yet!

I looked a little different than usual this Christmas. Just last week I finally went and bought my new glasses. I got the prescription over a month ago, but procrastinated the inevitable as long as possible. You see, for the past year I've noticed some changes in my vision and a 3pm headache each day. I knew I probably needed to start wearing my glasses for more than reading, but didn't want to admit it. So, I have finally accepted I am aging and need to wear my glasses. I got some really cute frames, but I am still adjusting to the new me. I will admit, I sure do enjoy reading a whole lot more. And I am reluctant to say I am hooked on the Twilight series! :) Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

So glad you had a Merry Christmas! And welcome to the world of Twilight! As I write this, I'm wearing my Edward shirt!

Wendy said...

Your glasses look great! I have the Twilight series too if you need to borrow any books.

Jenni said...

Don't be reluctant about Twilight - just embrace it!!:) You'll have to post of picture of your new glasses! I hope you guys have a blast tubing!