Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun! Part I

My post was getting a little too long so I decided to break it up into two!


Our Thanksgiving holiday started Monday. I left with the kids to spend some time with my sisters-in-law in West Jordan, Utah. I am proud to say I survived the 7 hour trip up with my children and still had all three when I arrived!:) We drove by BYU campus to reminisce and I was surprised at all the changes there and elsewhere. (Windmills at the bottom of Solider Summit!)

It was nice to spend some time with my fun "sisters" and their kids. I am so lucky to have them and love to visit with them when I can. Kale was kind enough to watch my kids so I could get a much needed haircut and have some mom time. Do you like my new look?


It was nice to have Kirk join us with his mom and dad and other sister on Wednesday. He about knocked me down when I came out the door to greet him. He is so funny when I'm gone, he gets all mushy and sad. It feels good to be needed!

Thanksgiving was a great day. Kirk took Emily and cared for her most of the day and she enjoyed it. She turned into a little Daddy's girl this weekend and didn't want Mom much. I love my sweet husband.

We had dinner at the Hone's ( my brother-in-laws brother). We had lots of yummy food and plenty of pies. I think there were 7 pies! We were favored to a magic show done by my nephew. Then it was on to karaoke, I even got up! I think it ended with some crazy 80's dancing and the dreaded chicken dance. We really had fun. Thank you Jeff and Becky!








5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the new look!

We were in the same place for Thanksgiving! We visited Steve's family in Provo. Too bad we didn't run into each other.

Jess and Matt said...

Hey Susan! Your sweet husband is a life-saver...thanks to him for driving Matt up last minute! I am so glad you got over feeling so yucky and had a great holiday. I love your new haircut, super cute, but hopefully super easy too. We are up in Utah now for a wedding, but we'll see you when we get back!

*Jessica* said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Wish we could be there, miss all you guys!

Jenni said...

Utah was the place to be for Thanksgiving!:) Love the haircut!:)

Deb said...

you are so brave. 7 hours in the car alone with the kids! congrats! :)