Sunday, November 16, 2008

I am Glad for Many Things

Warning: The following may contain sappiness and could result in tears......

When I sat down to write this post it was originally all about Emily and how she has been sick lately. It really made me slow down and spend some much needed time with her cuddling on the couch. Moments like that really make you stop and look at life a little different. As I sat there and thought about all that I wouldn't get done, I realized what I was doing was far more important than any mundane task. I got to spend time with just Emily and that never happens.

With Thanksgiving just around the corner my thoughts start to turn to what I am grateful for just like everyone else. I am grateful for so much right now. For my sweet little Emily who teaches me how to be a better person every day. For her infectious laughter that fills our house on a daily basis. For my rambunctious Olivia who sings me songs and likes to be teased by her daddy. For my little man Mike (no longer Mikey :( ) He has such a great sense of humor and even after mommy has been grumpy has lots of hugs and kisses for me at bedtime. For my hubby who can drive me nuts, but loves me despite my many flaws. For our dogs even if the puppy is driving me nuts.

I am so very thankful for all the many wonderful people I have had the opportunity to meet and become friends with over the years. I'm thankful you all blog so I can still keep in touch even though we live far apart! I really believe that Heavenly Father watches over us through others and he has sent me some really great people. I am grateful for all my family and for my 3 "sisters" and a great mother-in-law that is like my sister. (Yes I know I am very lucky!!)

Most of all I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the changes it has brought to my life. None of the above would have even come about without it. Many of you don't know this, but in exactly one week it will be 17 years since I was baptised as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I can't believe it's been that long and yet at the same time it feels like it's always been a part of my life.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and for "listening". I hope we can all remember our MANY blessings. Take care......

6 comments:

Jess and Matt said...

You are such a sweetheart. I am glad that you got to slow down a bit and spend time with your little one. There really is so much to be thankful for, and I am glad that you take the time to notice the many things around you. You are a wonderful example, and I feel blessed to have met you, and to be able to continue getting to know you better. I really have a special place in my heart for your family.

Kale said...

We feel extremely blessed to have another sister in our lives too our family would never be the same without you. We can't wait to spend some good time with you next week. That is amazing that its been 17 years I forget that you are a convert some times because you are so much of a rock. We love you so very much and our growing boy Mike (I miss mickey though) and your girls and oh yeah my brother. hehe

*Jessica* said...

Your an amazing person Susan, and we are all blessed to have you in the family, but your children and husband are most blessed by your sweet spirit.

Take care, love ya Jess

Jenni said...

What a lovely post Susan! I am so grateful that we've been able to keep in touch - I love to read about your sweet family!

Heidi said...

You have such a great family. Thanks for sharing.

Deb said...

thanks for this post. i get way too caught up in my list of things to do and don't spend enough time just being with the kids. thanks for the reminder to step back more often.