Friday, November 14, 2008

Painting fun and experiments!















I have been meaning to post pictures of my big project I finished about 3 weeks ago. In September we started painting the exterior of the house and I finally finished the trim and it looks great. At first it was a little bit of an adjustment. I wondered if we had picked the right color etc. I think it was because it had been all white for so long. I still wish it was a little more brown than yellow, but after all that work I will settle for all most perfect. Here is the before and after, that's Olivia in the before picture being silly.

Yesterday I started to tackle the task of painting the great room. With the possibility of being unemployed next spring we are pinching pennies. So no more paint! We have 10 gallons of the exterior brown and 5 of some white. So I just started mixing the two until I got the shade I wanted. I was so proud of myself for saving us money that I took pictures. Silly huh?! It wouldn't be my first choice for the great room, but it will work and anything is better than white!!!




Now I just have to get it up on the wall, any volunteers?!!!!! I just want my house to feel all homey and finished for the holidays.

4 comments:

Kale said...

It looks great! I really like the color yellowish or not. Granted its a picture so I'm sure you see it differently than I do. Congratulations on getting that huge project done!

The Childrens Nest said...

Yes I can paint! Im sure Lori would jump on that too!!

Heidi said...

The trim looks great! I feel like I will never get my home decorated. Good for you for getting so much done so quickly!

Deb said...

the exterior looks great! and way to go on saving money! we've been here two years and the interior is still mostly white because i have such a hard time making up my mind about colors. :)