Thursday, October 16, 2008

My little ones!

Life has been so hectic lately, it was nice to have the kids home on Monday in honor of Columbus Day. We ran into town to fit Michael for some new leg braces and then came back home to relax and have some fun.




The kids had picked out a movie from the library so we sat down and watched it together. While Olivia and Mikey were watching a movie together I caught a cute moment. I looked over to see Olivia and Mikey curled up together like they liked each other. Now I have proof that they can actually get along!








While we watched the movie Emily had fun in the sun. She really love these big windows and to sit in the warm sun. This week at school she escaped. She was in her gait trainer, a piece of equipment that she can walk in, and left the classroom and shut the door. The teacher tapped on the glass and told Emily to come back in. Emily turned around and pushed the button to open the door. She is doing great!!








This picture is of Mike in his finished, finally!!!!, scout uniform. He was very proud to do the scout salute when I took his picture. He has really loved the scouting program and it has helped him come out of his shell. There are only 3 boys that come regularly so it is small.







Olivia has been busy with soccer each week and it's been fun to go watch her play. She's finally started to go after the ball and stay with it, but you still have to remind her to pay attention. Last week she was fascinated with a dirt clod and would kick it every time she ran by. It's funny to watch them play sometimes because they are still learning how the game works. They don't keep score at this age so it's just a fun time. I'm just glad it will be over soon, it's getting a little cold.


Even with all the stuff that's happening in the world right now, I can still be happy because of my beautiful children and the joy they bring me each day. We live in a beautiful place and have made some great friends. I love small town life and the quiet pace it brings! We hope you are all enjoying fall, even if you live in the desert!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

So fun catching up on your family. That is a sweet brother/sister picture. I'm so bad at Alec's scout shirt -- it's so plain because I haven't sewn anything on it. I'd better get it done. I'm envious of your big windows!

Susan said...

With Kirk being the big scout that he is and the cubmaster I feel like I have to make both their shirts look right. Of course it took me a year before I sewed all those patches on.

The windows are great, what you can't see is how very dirty they are. I'm not much for washing windows and it doesn't help that the rain is usually horizontal!

Kale said...

Mike looks so cute in his scout shirt. That is the most willing I think I have ever seen him to take a picture. He and Olivia will always be good friends but they have to fight its in the fine print of how to be a sibling. Their dad was an expert at it.

Jenni said...

That is a sweet bro/sis picture!! I'm so glad Emily is doing so well - that's great!

Melodie said...

They are all so grown up! Mikey looks great in his shirt. Morgan is a big scouter, too, and luckily he does both of their shirts. I am all thumbs when it comes to sewing. We are also looking forward to the end of soccer season. It has been fun, but I am giddy that we only have to be away from the house two nights a week now, and that I don't have to chase Liam off of the soccer fields any more! Yay!