Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkins and puppies

This weekend was the fall festival at school. I had volunsteered to make a cake for the cake walk and was planning to do something quick and easy. After spending the day with Olivia's class at the farm I decided to have some fun with it. I found a great idea on-line for a pumpkin cake. It was really easy so I tried it. I was happy with the results. Take a look!
If you've been following our blog you know we added a puppy to the mix a while ago. She is still driving me bananas, but learning some obedience. She is very intelligence and will be a great dog in about a year! We just have to be patient and work hard with her until then. I keep telling Kirk puppies are cute so you'll keep them while they drive you nuts!

I've always liked dogs, but never thought I would be such a sucker for those big brown eyes. I am a big sucker though, they are like my babies and I love their company. They are Kirk's hunting dogs, but also the family dogs and I think we'll keep them!
Hope all is well with everyone!



6 comments:

Kale said...

Cute cake Susan! Thanks for posting a picture of the dogs I hadn't seen the new puppy yet. It looks like the dogs are very happy in the warm sun. Take care of yourself and I will see you in about 4 weeks or so.

*Jessica* said...

The kids are so cute, I love the cake very energetic of you. Looks like things are going well, glad to see, take care.
Love ya guys

Tracy said...

That cake was easy?! That looks very fancy. My kids would go crazy if I made that. You are a good mom to get the puppy. For the reasons you're going crazy, that's why I haven't bought one. Good luck!

Heidi said...

The cake looks great. Is it a bunt cake with something in the middle? If so, what's in the middle? Is it just a ton of frosting?

Erica said...

Susan, I want to know how to make the cake too! It is adorable!
p.s. my thanksgiving plans changed so I probably won't be in town after all :(

The Childrens Nest said...

Love all your pics Susan! That cake was so adorable, you creative girl you! Have great day and we will see you tomorrow night!