Monday, October 6, 2008

Beautiful Colorado!

One of the things I love about going up to Denver twice a year is the drive. Not the length of it, but the beautiful scenery we get to see. At this time of year the aspens are a gorgeous golden color which is contrasted by the evergreens. The mountains here are breath taking and I have to pinch myself each day. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place!







On our trip up Kirk and I were discussing Colorado's diverse landscapes. There are huge mountains, deserts, plains, and even lakes. It's amazing to me how many different things you can experience in just one state. We are a bit biased, but we feel like we live in one of the most beautiful states in our country!







Another sign of fall! Apple picking, one of my favorite childhood memories! Pam and Del (my in-laws) have an apple tree and I was really shocked at all the apples we got from one tree. We had tons of fun tossing apples around, juggling and being silly! Even Dee-Dee enjoyed picking apples.
The last picture is of something I am just not ready for. SNOW!! Yes it snowed on Wolf Creek Pass! Winter is on it's way.
Enjoy the pictures.





SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow! Colorado is beautiful! I really miss mountains here in Arizona! It is finally cooling off and I can't wait for something below 90 degrees!

Tracy said...

That is gorgeous, but I'm not ready for snow!

Erica said...

Susan,
it is so good to hear from you. I enjoyed looking your blog over. Your family and home are so cute. As to thanksgiving, i will be around and would love to see you. West Jordan is almost a stones throw from where I am living. Why don't you email me and we can work out the details.
shortstuff9879@hotmail.com

Jenni said...

Oh no snow!!! Colorado is a beautiful place!! I love all the pics!!

Kale said...

RUDE I cry FOUL NOT NICE. We know that winter is coming but really did we need the kick in the head with the picture of wolf creek really?!!!! Alright so yes Colorado is a beautiful place and I confess I miss it Utah is just not the same. We will be praying super hard for Mickey we love you all so very much. OH and by the way Dawson has already been asking when his cousins are coming. When I said 6 1/2 weeks he was not happy. So we can't wait to see you guys.

Mendy said...

I am so glad you are loving your surroundings, Susan! I hope your kids are all doing well. I can't believe how big they are!