Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fire! Fire!

Last week we had a bit of a surprise. I was making dinner when a source gas truck drove by, followed by an ambulance. Then another Source Gas truck came and two other cars. Then a firetruck and some other firefighters.

Now they didn't come with sirens blasting or even driving fast. The fact that the gas company was there made me think they hit a pipe with the digger, so I was wondering if we needed to go down the street. They were right next to my house! Then they started putting on their gear and getting the hoses out. Needless to say I got more concerned and went out to investigate. As I approached they all told me not to worry and laughed a little. IT was just a demonstration.


So we sat back an watched the fireworks. They turned on the gas and lit it with a flare. It was impressive and made quiet a noise. IT sounded like a hot air balloon only louder! Olivia ran down the hall the first time crying, but thought it was cool by the time they were done.(watch her dance in the video.) The neighbors all wondered what the heck was happening and came to check it out. I am still a little surprised they didn't notify the neighborhood, especially the house they were right next too!!!


If I didn't know it was a demo. I probably would have loaded everybody up and left. It was a sight! Here's a video, just imagine a big whooshing sound while the fire is going.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Whoa that is a little scary! I think it's definitely a good idea to warn the neighbors!:)

It's too bad we didn't get to see you guys this weekend, but hopefully in the summer we'll get to meet up!

*Jessica* said...

That is scary, but my kids would have gotten a kick out of it as well. Happy to hear about Mikey and all the research, I pray they find something soon for him.

Love ya, Jessica