Sunday, September 13, 2009

Turning 8!!!!




My little twin girls are now 8 years old and I am wondering where the time went! It seems like only a short time ago we were anticipating their arrival and faced so many challenges for our little Emily. It was a tough time for our little family, but we were strengthened by the love and support of family and friends and a very loving ward in Maryland. I still feel like I have a huge debt to repay for the service given to our family during that time.

Now the girls are both doing great and bring so much to our family. Emily is sweet, energetic and tenacious. She has her own opinions and is always willing to let you know what they are! Olivia is just as energetic and sweet! She loves soccer, dancing, singing and lots of cuddles. She is loving and kind which I think she learned from her sister. I still look at her and wonder where that chubby little toddler went!

They're birthday was pretty quiet, the big celebration was on the following Saturday. We spent the day at Grandma Coppingers eating, opening presents, eating cake, setting off fireworks and just having fun. My Mom and Dad flew in on Friday and two of Kirk's sisters where there with their families as well. It was a fun day!

On Sunday we all shared in Olivia's special day; she was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints by her Daddy. She woke up beaming that morning, she was so happy. I was full of mixed emotions. I was so proud that she had made the decision to follow our Savior Jesus Christ and be baptized a member of His church, yet at the same time I was a little sad to realize how quickly she is growing up. As I watched her walk down into the font the spirit hit me and I lost it for a minute; luckily no one could see me because I was at the top of the stairs of the font to help her out. :)
It was a very special day and I'm grateful for everyone that could be there to share it with us. I feel very lucky to be the Mom of such great kiddos. Our little Emily was so sweet and quiet during the baptism; She is such a special little spirit. (which is why she doesn't need to be baptized. :) ) It was a day I will always remember and I hope Olivia will too. What a blessing it is to know we have a loving Heavenly Father who has given us a plan here on this earth and a way for our families to be sealed together forever.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to all three kids, and congrats to Olivia on her baptism. By the way, you look fabulous!

Tamara and Marc said...

Looks like it was a special day. I'm glad your parents were able to make it out. Congrats.