Friday, February 6, 2009

Regional Training


Wow! I had the opportunity to attend a regional training meeting in Farmington, NM for the primary, young women, and relief society presidencies. It was amazing and got me excited about my new calling as 1st counselor. We were blessed to have a member of each of the general presidencies come from Salt Lake and give us guidance in our programs.

Sister Cook introduced our new value, Virtue. I'm so glad they've added it and feel it will add more to an all ready great program. My favorite thing about this value is the color, gold. Gold has to be refined to be pure; what a great analogy for the girls.

They really focused on ministering to the girls and how we as leaders each minister in our own way. Whether it be encircling them with love, strengthening their faith, preparing for future roles or gathering them together. It really made me think of each of the girls and how I as a leader can help them and reminded me how much I need to seek Heavenly Father's influence. I still feel very small and wonder what I can do, but as Sister Cook said, the Lord will magnify us. What a great blessing to have such loving and inspired leaders. Especially our living prophet, President Monson!

I love this gospel and I love my Savior and I only hope I can be a light to those I've been called to serve!

No comments: