Sunday, February 22, 2009

A night away...

Kirk has been working on a new hotel at the Springs Resort over in Pagosa Springs for the past several months. They have a nice resort with many natural hot springs that you can soak in and a spa. For Valentine's Day he told me he had planned a special surprise, but we weren't able to make it that weekend.

So on Friday I left the kids with my newly married sister-in-law and her husband so I could meet him for my surprise. I had my suspicions and was excited to learn they were correct. Kirk had set up a couples massage for he and I and it was heavenly! Kirk enjoyed it so much he fell asleep. By the time it was finished we didn't want to climb in the car and make the 45 minute drive home, but we did. We left with a few goodies, including the nice comfy robe I'm wearing in the picture!


It was nice to be pampered and have no worries for the evening. Work has been pretty stressful and kept Kirk gone a lot so it was nice to see him be able to relax as well. As I said a few posts ago, he does drive me crazy sometimes and I may want to clobber him with anything I can find, but he is a sweetheart and getting better with age!




1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh, how romantic and fun for you! So glad you were able to get away with you hubby! What a great surprise!