Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Star gazers

There was a great meteor shower here last night and this morning. We got the kids up at 11pm to watch it, but the moon was too bright. We saw only one in 10 minutes(but it was still cool!). So we put the kids back to bed and decided to try again at 4 am. I guess I was sleeping like a rock so Kirk didn't wake me up at 4. He grabbed the kids and sat out in the driveway for an hour and a half watching all the meteors. The kids were so excited they could hardly contain themselves. There were several meteors ever minute, sorry I missed it. Oh well, it makes me happy just to know they had some quality daddy time! Now they are taking long afternoon naps, which NEVER happens. It's strangely quiet and I'm getting bored!

Well, maybe next year I'll have the determination to get out of bed!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

How very very neat!! We didn't know about that so we didn't see it, but wow I bet it was awesome!

Oh BTW we are in Parker and we'd love to see you in October! That would be so fun!!:)

The Childrens Nest said...

How fun for your kids!! I love that... Glad you had a good time in Cedar and glad you are back! Talk to you soon...
Tiffany

Tracy said...

Oh, you are a nice mom. I don't think I'd wake up sleeping kids. How fun for them.