Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Cookin' Man!

So many of you know that Kirk is unemployed currently due to the slow economy. He is busy looking for jobs and working on home projects. Last week he made a plant stand for our tomatoes and herbs out of scrap wood in a day! It looks great and I'm excited to get my desk back!

One of the greatest things about him being home is all the yummy food we've been eating. Since he's been home we've had a HOT breakfast every morning. Pancakes, oatmeal, cream of wheat and my personal favorite, hash browns. My breakfast for the school year has always been cereal, it's quick and takes little effort on my part. Unfortunately it's a lot more expensive than flour, eggs, sugar etc... He also makes dinner all most every night and he keeps looking for new yummy recipes that save us money. Tomorrow we are having peanut butter and banana stuffed french toast for breakfast!

I keep telling him we are getting spoiled and when he does go back to work I won't ever want to cook again. We'll be waiting at the door for him to come home and make us dinner! Maybe I should go find a job?!!

It really has been nice to have him home for a little while and to be able to spend so much time together as a family. It's made my calling as YW Pres. a little less stressful because I know he's always here when I need him. Which is good because we have 3 firesides this month, two of which are in the evenings an hour away.

We are looking forward to having a job again, but I think there will be a short period of weeping and wailing! I don't think I could ever compete with my hubby the cook!!

3 comments:

Jess and Matt said...

Oh man...I think we need to come over. My mouth was watering at the thought of peanutbutter-banana french toast. I am the worst cook ever, I need to jump on that wagon...

Jenni said...

You are one lucky girl! His food sounds delicious!!

Heidi said...

Why is it that the stuff that's good for you, and inexpensive takes so much time! It's not fair. Enjoy it while you can.