Sunday, May 3, 2009

Spring in the Mountains

It has been a while since I've posted anything. We've had an interesting spring thus far. It got really warm, then cooled off and then got warm again, then it snowed. We got 3 inches the day of my sister-in-laws wedding reception. That's spring in the Rockies! Kirk said he remembers snow on the 4th of July as a kid. YIKES!!

This weekend my sweet husband let me take a few days off and go to Women's Conference at BYU. My dear friend Jessica watched the kids after school until Kirk got home, so thanks to her too. It was a busy weekend full of some interesting classes and some fun time with family. Now I'm hooked and I want to go back next year!!!

There was a concert Thursday night with some very talented artists. If you haven't watched the " Reflections of Christ" video it's incredible. Go to youtube and type in reflections of christ and you can see the video. The images are beautiful and Freddie Ashby has an amazing voice. "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" is one of my favorite songs. Hilary Weeks is great too. She sang some fun little songs about teenagers and being a mom.

All in all it was a great two days and something I would highly recommend to everyone!

3 comments:

Jess and Matt said...

Susan, I am so glad you got to go and that you loved it so much! It is so nice to get away sometimes, to regroup, find yourself again, and come back feeling refreshed. I was thrilled to be able to help out and am glad to to it anytime. Welcome back to life...haha ;)

Jenni said...

Sounds great! Those Reflections of Christ pictures are amazing aren't they?! I went to a Time Out for Women were that photographer spoke. Glad you got to get away and recharge your batteries.:)

Susan said...

It's funny, I came back and got plunged right back into life thanks to my puppy. She managed to poop on the floor twice and escaped when Emily got home from school. I was disappointed I didn't get a workout before the kids got home, I guess DeeDee sensed my frustration. She gave me a good run for 20 minutes!