Thursday, November 6, 2008

BRRRRRRRR!!



When we woke up this morning we were shocked to see that it was VERY COLD. Now I'm not one to complain about the weather because we did choose to live here, but it's a bit early to be this cold. I took a picture of the thermometer, if you look at the bottom you will see 13, that's the outside temperature. The time is at the top. Kirk said when he got up at 6 am it was 9. Yikes.

It brings back memories of last winter, February I think, when it got down around -15 each night for three weeks. We had pipes freezing and heaters burning out. Not the best conditions for home building! At least now we are in our house and have a nice wood burning stove to keep us nice and toasty! I love the smell of a fire on a cold day, it reminds me of home!
Other than the cold life is good! Kirk and I are going on a real date tomorrow night which is long over do. Of course we may both fall asleep because we've been so busy lately!

The other picture is a random picture of our puppy. She likes to watch T.V. with her people.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm not happy with you. I was showing Chris your post to point out how cold it was in Colorado, but what he noticed is that you have your inside temp set at 65. Now he thinks I should be able to keep it at 65 too! That's just not doable. It was in the 60's here today, and I'm in sweats and socks. So next time hike your thermostat up to at least 75 before posting a picture of it. Thanks. (It's warmer here in Maryland, you should come visit)

Susan said...

Sorry!!!!! :) Just tell Chris that it gets MUCH colder in Colorado so we can stand it a little colder than most inside. I was a desert rat when we moved here and was freezing unless in was 80!

We also keep our heat set at 70, it just was off when I took the picture. It gets up to 75 thanks to the solar heat!

Good luck!

Heidi said...

You'd better come visit me and warm up!